It’s Day Three of E3. And the crowds of the world’s biggest video game trade show are still buzzing about Sony’s PlayStation 4 and the battle raging between Microsoft and Sony.
But one company sitting in the back of the convention hall keeps a lower profile. Its reps have been coming here since 1995, when E3 started, and they’ve seen the trends—and their competitors come and go. And as mainstream gaming content has becoming more mature, Nintendo continues to ignore the controversy and does what it’s always done…make great family-friendly games.
New Wii U Games Coming…But When?
Despite having a lower profile, Nintendo announced a healthy batch of games for the Wii U. Of those 27 new Wii U titles, 13 of them will be exclusives, thanks to contributions from Nintendo’s mighty stable of game characters and game creations like Mario and his creator Shigeru Miyamoto. That’s the highest number of exclusive titles being shown for any game system at E3 2013—The Xbox One has eight exclusives. The PS4 has five.
Unfortunately, announcing a title isn’t the same as delivering it, and many of the Wii U titles shown here won’t be available until sometime in 2014. Nonetheless, Nintendo fans marveled at video game all-stars like Super Smash Bros. (featuring MegaMan), Pikman and Mario Kart.
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Publisher: Ubisoft
- Batman: Arkham Origins Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Bayonetta 2 (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Publisher: Activision
- Disney Infinity Publisher: Disney Interactive Studios
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- DuckTales: Remastered Publisher: Disney Interactive Studios
- Game & Wario Publisher: Nintendo
- Just Dance 2014 Publisher: Ubisoft
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games™ Publisher: Nintendo
- Mario Kart 8 (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- New Super Luigi U (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- Pikmin 3 (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- Rayman® Legends Publisher: Ubisoft
- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Sonic Lost World Publisher: Sega
- Super Mario 3D World (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- Super Smash Bros. Publisher: Nintendo
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist Publisher: Ubisoft
- Watch Dogs Publisher: Ubisoft
- Wii Fit U Publisher: Nintendo
- Wii Party U (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- The Wonderful 101 (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
- X (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Monolith Soft
- Yarn Yoshi (EXCLUSIVE) Publisher: Nintendo
The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is the largest annual event supporting and promoting all forms of electronic entertainment, including film and video games. The event is covered around the world and is followed with intense interest by those working in the film and game industries, or those who want to make movies or who want to design video games.